Blogging and Internet Marketing as a Profession - iCONCEPT Web and Graphic Design



I was compelled to try out blogging last November when I became part of our Toasmasters club's blogging team and just last Month, I decided to launch this blog for our web design business. I didn't realize that blogging has already become a profession to some, until I met Anton last night at the PSI office during the Starshooters orientation.

While introducing himself in front, Anton caught my attention when he mentioned about his goal of giving people, specially Filipinos, the opportunity to enjoy the Philippines and appreciate not only the obvious but its hidden beauty.

After the short orientation, I approached him to know more about what he does and I learned that he's into Internet Marketing. I didn't have the chance to know more of his stuff but I did managed to exchange business cards with him.

His card almost says it all, it reads..



OUR AWESOME PLANET
Slice of Manila's Hidden Places, Food and Travel Secrets through
Word-Of-Mouth. Shared through our Awesome Family Adventures

JOSE ANTONIO DIAZ, PMP
Internet Marketer and Professional Blogger

www.OurAwesomePlanet.com | www.AntonDiaz.com
Mobile: +63917-LOVEOAP (5683627) | Email: anton@diaz.ph

His short introduction of himself in front was inspiring enough but what's even more inspiring was the hand written note at the back of his business card that says "broken hearts i can forgive, broken dreams, never". You are one awesome PSI grad dude. I'm proud to be a fellow graduate.

Immediately, I realized that he's not just one of those blogging hobbyist. He's a Professional Blogger and he earns a good living from it.

I suddenly dreamt of becoming a professional blogger myself. If only English is my strong suite! :D I probably would.

Visiting his blog surprised me even more, I came to realize the many possibilities in blogging and internet marketing in just a few minutes of reading. I checked out blogbank and his ads strategies and wondered how much Anton is making from Google Ads and his sponsors. He even got an SMS special access code, "OAPTRIVIA send to 2861".

After reading his blog, I came to the conclusion that he must be making a lot from Internet Marketing. After all, he can afford to travel around the country in search for great places, food and hidden dungeon.

Internet has indeed paved the way to a new dimension in marketing and advertising. Blogging and internet marketing have provided a great option for people during this trying times of financial crisis and job retrenchment when most people are struggling to make ends meet. I'd say that this is a good opportunity to start a home-based business specially for housewives, students or retirees.

Anton is a Philantropist and is very much willing to help people who would like to take their first step into blogging. He wrote a very informative ebook revealing his blogging secrets and decided to give it away for free. You may download it here. I'll spend time to read it too.

Thanks Anton for sharing years of blogging expertise.

1 comments

  1. JanerLegis // February 12, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

    It is good to know that the Online marketing in the Philippines is starting to bloom. And even though belonging to the third world, we can certainly say that we have people and things to be proud of one of these is the willingness to help others...

    Here's a good site that gives you ten tips on improving your blogs

Post a Comment